The library was founded in 1993, with most of its books transferred from other faculties. Since then, collaborative and cooperative efforts of the library and academic staff as well as students has led to enrichment of the library resources. In particular, far more English books are now available, thanks to the support from the dean and vice deans of the school. The library space has expanded, and become more suitable after moving to the new building, and now consists of various sections.
General information about the library
Books and journals
Overall, more than 12450 books were available in the library, before the school was demerged from “The School of Health”. Later, 433 books were purchased for the school of “Nutrition and Food Sciences”.
Rules and regulations
In total, the library has 160 journals (84 Persian and 76 English journals); all the English journals are available at e-library.
Membership: All academic staff and students can be a member of the library simply by signing up the registration form and providing a personal photo.
Working Hours of the Library
- Theses and student projects are not lent.
- Journals and reference books are not lent.
- The first editions of the books are not lent, unless for a limited period of time.
- You can borrow materials for up to 15 days; this can be extended upon request.
- You can borrow a maximum of 3 books at one time.
- Visitors from outside the school, can use the library services only after getting permission from the school authorities.
Saturday to Wednesday; 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Thursday; 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
The chief librarian: Mr. Masoud Ghasemi
Subjects of the library resources
Our library provides Persian and English books on numerous topics as follows:
Nutrition and Food Sciences, Physiology, Biochemistry, Family Healthcare, Occupational Health, Environmental Health, Water and Waste Water Engineering, Ergonomics, Management, Health Services Management, Statistics and Epidemiology, and preparation books for postgraduate examinations.